8.24.2010

Crack

This afternoon, before I asked Cindy, one of our staff to clean my engagement ring, I checked the diamond through a loupe magnifier. This is what we use to have a good look at the diamonds. I was disappointed with what I saw. A small crack.

I only have few stuff that I can call prized possessions. Most of them came from you. But my engagement ring? This is suppose to last forever. Now the crack on my diamond got me all upset.

Was I not too careful? Where did I get that crack from? Questions that made me upset with myself.

I've been wearing this ring since you proposed to me. The only time I took it off is whenever I'm at home. I got so comfortable wearing it and sometimes I forget that the diamond is fragile, precious and expensive above all. Not to mention this came from you.

Maybe I got to comfortable that I forgot these things. And one day, I just woke up and the diamond has a crack and I can't pinpoint where and when I got it.

I can't help but relate this with our relationship. Sometimes or most of the times we became too comfortable with one another and our vision of the future. That sometimes we tend to forget the importance of today.

I admit that there are times I took us for granted. I took off all my defenses and just be myself with you. I have tendencies to forget when I have to be on guard with our relationship ALWAYS.

The crack on my ring reminded me that if I continue being comfortable with the way things are, I might see a crack on our relationship too.

I resolve to not take you for granted, not even a minute. And to keep our love bank always full. Just so no matter how rough the road ahead of us will be, we can cracks in our relationship.

P.S.

By the way, the thing in my diamond is not a crack rather its called feather. It is just a flaw of the diamond. So...yey! hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment