I still cried when he asked me to marry him."
This was my status at facebook exactly a year ago. It makes me shiver, the thought of its been a year since that night. When we talked about the difficulties and the trials that we will encounter along the way. When we talked about how God orchestrated our stories. I remember I was leaning at your chest and I was listening to your heart beat while you talk. I already have a feeling that you will finally ask "that question". And you on the other hand, hesitated and asked God countless time if that night is the night. Just because of the fact that you wanted it to be eventful, with candlelit dinner, flowers and the perks. But we were just at your hotel, talking about the lessons we learned from TEAM and the activities for the next morning. I looked up and before I answered you were already teary eyed. I nodded and said yes and you covered your eyes with your fingers and cried. We hugged and you whispered, "I love you."
You got up and said while crying, "I have to find the ring. " The ring that has been on you pocket all these time waiting for the perfect timing. But since you didn't planned on proposing that night, you have to look into your luggage first before giving me the pink box. I said, "Aren't you suppose to put that on my finger?" But seeing you crying and shaking made me giggle. A part of me still can't believe that this is finally happening. I think what made this night more unforgettable was when we prayed. The realization of God's grace that held us up and strengthen us until that very moment. How God loves His children, amazingly sweet, sweet love.
Its been a year.
And as much as I don't like long engagements. I love being engaged to you.
Happy anniversary sweetheart. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment