Making a decision on when and where to propose was difficult for me. I prayed to the Lord about this for months. After 8 years of friendship and a year in the relationship, we both knew that God is leading us towards marriage. I just wanted the time and place of the proposal to go perfect for us. Finally I said to myself when I was on the plane when I arrive in the Philippines I'll propose around the forth day. That will be the day after I ask your parents for their blessings for us to marry. I felt that God and I had finally came to a conclusion on when and where I will propose to you. Well things just didn't go that way at all. This is what happened instead.
On October 24th 2009 I made my second trip to the Philippines to see the you again. Prior to arriving to the airport while in the plane, I was thinking to myself how I would propose to you? I've been thinking about this for months prior to the the trip and I still hadn't made up my mind on how to go about this. When I arrived at the airport it was a great feeling of joy to be reunited with you again! I met with your family and friends again.
I didn't plan to ask for your parents' blessing until three days into the trip. But your father wanted to get down to business with me right away. It all worked out well and I was very happy about that. Your parents gave us their blessing to marry.
I finally thought of a plan to propose. I would take you to an elegant restaurant have a candlelight dinner with a beautiful view in the background. Three days go by I still haven't put my plan into action. I met Pastor Dave and unexpectedly we had to arrange a meeting for the pre marriage counseling the next day because of our schedule. I then remembered I still haven't proposed yet. It was already getting late in the day and here I am in my hotel room with you. It turned out that night was the night I'll propose to you. It was a deeply emotional night for the both of us. At the back of my mind I couldn't believe that this was going to be the right time to propose since my plan is different. I was asking God the whole time if this is the perfect time to do it.
After we went over everything we could think of about us and marriage I looked over you. I was very emotional at this time and I told you that I loved you very much. I then asked you to be my wife. I started crying when you didn't said a word, instead you just nodded. I feel relieved when you hugged me and whispered yes.
You broke the embrace first and you wipe the tears in my eyes and giggled, asking me where the ring was. You reminded me that this is time when I have to present the ring. I left it on my pocket, so I have to look for it in my luggage first. I was crying and shaking and excited and I can't find the ring.
After a few minutes of looking for the ring which was in my pocket since the day I got it from our jeweler, i gave you the box. And you giggled again and said aren't you suppose to put that on my finger. Which I replied, I'm sorry baby this is my first time.
Looking back I thank God how he led us to that perfect night. It might not be the way I planned, but it was God's plan. And its perfect.
It's a time in my life I will never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment